Up to 90 jobs to go at Ipswich firm
MORE jobs than at first thought are to be lost at Burostat in Ipswich, The Evening Star can reveal today.It had been hoped that 30 jobs from the 90 people employed at the Cavendish Street gift-manufacturing firm could be saved by re-location.
MORE jobs than at first thought are to be lost at Burostat in Ipswich, The Evening Star can reveal today.
It had been hoped that 30 jobs from the 90 people employed at the Cavendish Street gift-manufacturing firm could be saved by re-location.
But today not only has the move to Glossop in Derbyshire been confirmed but more than 60 jobs are to go.
The long-established company, which produced the wacky Karma Chameleon phone, began staff consultation early this month while a final decision was being made by Burostat to move to Derbyshire and become Adpads+Burostat.
It has now been confirmed that the move will take place with effect from April 1 and although three key people will remain in Ipswich to maintain continuity with customers, many redundancies will happen.
In a letter to customers, managing director Paul Lowe said an action plan and timetable had been drawn up to ensure minimum disruption during the move which would see the Glossop site fully functional by May 1.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 4 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 5 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 6 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service
- 7 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 8 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard
- 10 Cladding replacement work on Ipswich Waterfront flats delayed until new year
"Closure of the Ipswich site will be on April 30. Unfortunately this move has caused some redundancies at the Ipswich site, we are very sad and sorry about this regrettable situation.
"But we must do what we think is right by the business and in the best interests of our customers."
The letter also stated the new company, Adpads+Burostat Limited will become a trade-only one-stop shop for distributors.
No one was available from Burostat at the time of going to press to give final details of the number of redundancies.