Update: Delays on trains between Ipswich and Cambridge now clearing
- Credit: Archant
Rail lines going from Ipswich to Cambridge were blocked due to a signalling system fault.
The error was reported in Dullingham, near the Suffolk/Cambridgeshire border at around 11.45am.
A Greater Anglia spokesman said earlier: “Train services running through this station (Dullingham) may be cancelled or delayed by up to 30 mins at short notice. An estimate for the resumption of normal services will be provided as soon as the problem has been fully assessed.”
He added at the time that train services between Ipswich and Cambridge were subject to delay, alteration and cancellation.
Arrangements for a rail replacement bus to operate between Bury St Edmunds and Cambridge were made.
Network Rail worked as quickly as possible to restore a normal train service, the spokesman added.
The 3.20pm Ipswich to Cambridge and the 4.44pm Cambridge to Ipswich services will be the first trains to run.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 3 Cocaine dealers involved in 'Bash' drugs line in Suffolk are jailed
- 4 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 5 Search for new Post Office in east Ipswich
- 6 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 7 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
- 8 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 9 Felixstowe man who trashed his ex's home ordered to pay compensation
- 10 'Real vote of confidence' - New Travelodge starts building work by stadium
Disruption is expected until 4.30pm.