Update: Ipswich boy, 17, arrested in connection with rape of elderly woman in Felixstowe
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich teenager has been arrested in connection with the rape of an elderly woman in Felixstowe.
A 17-year-old male from Ipswich was arrested just before 3pm in Felixstowe on suspicion of rape and is currently being questioned by detectives at the police investigation centre in Martlesham.
The woman called police shortly after 2am yesterday morning to report that a man had broken into her home and sexually assaulted her.
She was taken to Ipswich Hospital in a stable condition to be treated for a number of injuries.
A major investigation followed the attack, with police appealing for anyone with information to come forward.
Earlier today, the mayor of Felixstowe shared compassionate words for the victim of a sex attack which happened in her own home during the early hours of this morning.
Graham Newman, who is also a county councillor for the Felixstowe Coastal division, offered his sincere sympathies to the woman.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 9 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 10 Stowmarket man with foot fetish sexually assaulted woman
Mr Newman said he was very sad to learn about the incident and passed on his sympathies to the victim, who was taken by paramedics to Ipswich Hospital, where she remains in a stable condition.
He said: “May I pass on my sincere sympathy to the victim, my wish that she will soon recover from the shock and pain of this incident.”