Update: Ipswich man charged with GBH with intent after an alleged assault on elderly man near Tower Ramparts
- Credit: Archant
A 40-year-old Ipswich man has been charged with GBH with intent after an elderly man suffered serious injuries outside Tower Ramparts.
Shane Gull of Bull Road, is due before South East Suffolk Magistrates Court this morning, relating to the alleged assault yesterday morning.
Suffolk police were called to Crown Street, near to the bus station, at around 7.45am.
An ambulance attended the scene and took the man, believed to be in his seventies, to Ipswich Hospital with serious head injuries.
A 40-year-old man from the town was arrested at the scene on suspicion of assault GBH with intent and was taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call on 101 and speak with Ipswich CID quoting CAD 43 of yesterday.
- 1 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 2 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 3 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 6 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 7 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 8 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 9 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 10 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich