Update: Man dies after being hit by train in Trimley St Martin, police confirm
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after being hit by a train near Felixstowe, police have confirmed.
Emergency services were called to the line near Grimston Lane in Trimley St Martin after receiving a report a man had been hit by a train at around 12.20pm today.
A British Transport Police (BTP) spokesman has confirmed the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The incident is not being treated as suspicious.
Police are not releasing any details about the man at this stage.
A number of train services were cancelled between Felixstowe and Ipswich in both directions while emergency services dealt with the incident. The line closed at around 12pm and reopened at 2pm. Disruption is expected to last until 3.30pm.
A BTP spokesman said: “We were called to the line near Grimston Lane in Trimley St Martin to a report of a person struck by a train.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at park in Ipswich
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 4 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 5 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
- 6 Teenage moped driver arrested in Ipswich after failing drug test
- 7 Jail for Ipswich man who stole £2,000 worth of goods from Suffolk stores
- 8 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 9 Food review, La Cueva, Ipswich: 'Delicious food... and sparkly cocktails!'
- 10 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
“Medics from the East of England Ambulance Service also attended the incident, which was reported at 12.21pm, and a man was pronounced dead at the scene.
“Officers are now working to identify the man and inform his family.
“The incident is not being treated as suspicious.”
An Abellio Greater Anglia spokesman said: “Following the emergency services dealing with an incident earlier today at Trimley, all lines have now reopened.
“Emergency services earlier attended an incident near Trimley and the lines were closed until they completed their task. The line was re opened as from 2pm and the train service will now resume with the 2.58pm Ipswich to Felixstowe and the 3.28pm Felixstowe to Ipswich departures.
“The first trains affected by this problem are the 11.58am Ipswich to Felixstowe and 12.28pm Felixstowe to Ipswich.
“A limited Rail Replacement Bus, operated by Panther Travel and Galloways will operate between Ipswich and Felixstowe and valid Abellio Greater Anglia tickets will be accepted on local buses operated by First Suffolk, on routes 75, 76, 77 and X7.
“We are sorry for the disruption to your travel plans caused by this incident.”
The East of England Ambulance Service has been contacted for comment.