Update: Man in 40s found unconscious taken to hospital after air ambulance lands in Dumbarton Road park
- Credit: Archant
A man is in hospital after being found unconscious in Ipswich this morning.
Emergency services including an air ambulance were called to an “address” in Dumbarton Road shortly before 11am after the man in his 40s was found unconscious and struggling to breathe, an East of England Service Trust (EEAST) spokesman said.
The air ambulance landed in the park in Dumbarton Road.
The man suffered a suspected cardiac arrest and required critical care, which is why the air ambulance was called, the EEAST spokesman added.
He was treated at the scene and taken to Ipswich Hospital in a stable condition. The air ambulance medics also travelled with the man to the Heath Road site.
The EEAST spokesman said: “We received a call at just before 11am today to Dumbarton Road, Ipswich to a report of a man who was unconscious and struggling to breathe.
“An ambulance attended in under six minutes followed by another ambulance crew and the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
- 1 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 2 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 3 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 4 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 7 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 8 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 9 Do you recognise these old Tolly Cobbold pubs?
- 10 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
“They treated a man in his 40s who was taken to Ipswich Hospital in a stable condition.”
He added: “(The incident) was at an address in Dumbarton Road.
“It was being treated as a suspected cardiac arrest, which is why critical care was also sent.
“The air ambulance medics also travelled with the patient to the hospital.”
Police were not called to the incident.