Update: Man in his 30s in a ‘serious’ condition after third-floor window fall – three arrested on suspicion of GBH now bailed
- Credit: Archant
Three men were arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm after a man in his 30s suffered serious head injuries after falling from a third floor window.
Paramedics and police were called to the scene of the incident, in Benezet Street, Ipswich, shortly before 7pm yesterday.
The man who fell from the window also suffered leg and facial injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital. He has been described as being in a serious condition.
Cordons were put in place in Wilberforce Street and in Benezet Street last night so investigations could take place.
Three people were later arrested on suspicion of GBH. They are a 21-year-old man from Birmingham, an 18-year-old man of no fixed abode and a 16-year-old boy from Hertfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
All three were held in custody at the Martlesham Police Investigation Centre before being released on bail to return to officers on September 10.
Any witnesses to the incident are asked to call 101.
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 6 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 7 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 8 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 9 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads
- 10 Four men released following death of man at Felixstowe lorry park