Update: Man in serious condition in hospital after suffering cardiac arrest in Ravenswood, Ipswich
A man believed to be in his 60s is in hospital after suffering a cardiac arrest in the Ravenswood area of Ipswich.
Paramedics restarted the man’s heart after he collapsed in Edith Cook Way at around 1pm today before taking him by land ambulance to Ipswich Hospital.
The man was in a serious condition.
Police and the East Anglian Air Ambulance were also called to the scene.
An East of England Ambulance Service Trust spokesman said: “We received a call today at 1.02pm to reports of a man who had collapsed in Edith Cook Way in Ipswich.
“A rapid response vehicle, ambulance officer, ambulance crew and air ambulance were dispatched and treated a man believed to be in his 60s who had gone into cardiac arrest.
“Fortunately, crews were able to restart the man’s heart and he was then taken via land ambulance to Ipswich Hospital in a serious condition.”
- 1 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 4 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 5 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 6 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 7 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 8 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 9 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 10 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault