Update: Needham Market assault victim treated at Addenbrookes for head injuries
A man was today being treated at Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge with a serious head injury after being the victim of an assault in Needham Market.
The assault took place in the Suffolk town on Saturday night and the victim was initially taken to the West Suffolk Hospital at Bury St Edmunds.
Police were called at around 12:15am this morning to reports of a group of men fighting on the High Street.
Two men were assaulted during the incident. A man in his 60s received minor injuries and was taken to West Suffolk Hospital.
The second victim, in his 30s, received a serious head injury and was taken to Addenbrookes. His condition is currently described as stable.
You may also want to watch:
The suspects are described as a group of three white men. All were wearing dark, hooded tops, one of which had white writing on the back.
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident or who has any information to contact them on 101.
- 1 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 2 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 3 Anger at 'death trap' road in Pinewood
- 4 Ipswich woman who punched partner in face is ordered to pay compensation
- 5 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 6 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 7 Ipswich carer stole £570 from autistic client's bank account
- 8 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 9 Fresh warning to parents after children re-enact Squid Game on playgrounds
- 10 Tesco introduces permanent quiet hours at its stores