Woman found dead in Ipswich house named locally
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 50s who died in unexplained circumstances on Monday evening has been identified locally as Julie Corbin.
Police were called by the ambulance service shortly before 6.20pm on Monday, June 3 following reports that a woman in her 50s had been found inside a property in Waterford Road, Ipswich.
The woman has since been identified locally as Julie Corbin. It is not yet known exactly how old she was or where she lived.
Next of kin have been informed.
A police investigation is ongoing, with the incident currently being treated as unexplained.
Neighbours have expressed their shock at the news of the death, which happened at a house in a quite cul de sac. One person laid a bouquet of flowers outside of the property.
Many people have also shared their condolences on social media.
You may also want to watch:
One said: "One of the funniest outgoing women I have ever known, you could not be around her without cracking up laughing about something or other! She is going to be sorely missed by so many, my heart goes out to her children and her siblings, RIP."
Another person added: "RIP lovely woman, will be truly missed."
- 1 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 2 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 9 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 10 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?