Update: One of the four men arrested following affray outside pub on Maidenhall Approach is charged
- Credit: Archant
One of the four men arrested following an affray outside a pub in Ipswich on Friday night has been charged.
Police were called to reports of a disturbance outside a pub on Maidenhall Approach at around 8.40pm.
A 25-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of GBH, two 22-year-old men have been arrested on suspicion of causing an affray and a 44-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon.
The men were questioned by detectives at the Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.
Daniel Wisbey, 22, of Vernon Street, Ipswich was charged with causing an affray and breaching a restraining order.
He has been remanded in custody and will appear before Ipswich Magistrates Court today.
A 25-year-old man from Ipswich was arrested on suspicion of GBH and released on police bail pending further enquiries to return on November 28.
- 1 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 2 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 3 Hopes pre-built extension plans will attract bigger acts to the Regent
- 4 Brother of Ipswich murder victim to roll out bleed control kits across town
- 5 £1million house with extensive grounds up for sale near Christchurch Park
- 6 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 7 Driver fined £100 after accidentally entering wrong date on car park app
- 8 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 9 Court orders Ipswich drug dealer to repay £63,000
- 10 Talented young DJ collaborates with Ipswich cocktail bar after debut in London nightclub
Another man, 44, also from Ipswich was arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon and bailed to return on January 30.
The fourth man arrested, a 22-year-old Ipswich resident will face no further police action.
A man, in his 20s was treated in hospital for minor head injuries.
Witnesses are asked to call the police on 101.