Update: One of the four men arrested following affray outside pub on Maidenhall Approach is charged
- Credit: Archant
One of the four men arrested following an affray outside a pub in Ipswich on Friday night has been charged.
Police were called to reports of a disturbance outside a pub on Maidenhall Approach at around 8.40pm.
A 25-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of GBH, two 22-year-old men have been arrested on suspicion of causing an affray and a 44-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon.
The men were questioned by detectives at the Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.
Daniel Wisbey, 22, of Vernon Street, Ipswich was charged with causing an affray and breaching a restraining order.
You may also want to watch:
He has been remanded in custody and will appear before Ipswich Magistrates Court today.
A 25-year-old man from Ipswich was arrested on suspicion of GBH and released on police bail pending further enquiries to return on November 28.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 7 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 9 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 10 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
Another man, 44, also from Ipswich was arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon and bailed to return on January 30.
The fourth man arrested, a 22-year-old Ipswich resident will face no further police action.
A man, in his 20s was treated in hospital for minor head injuries.
Witnesses are asked to call the police on 101.