Update: Travellers set to remain in country park this weekend
Travellers who parked up at an Ipswich beauty spot are set to remain there this weekend as council officials continue in their negotiations to set a court date to evict them.
The group of travellers have parked up at Bridge Wood car park, in the Orwell Country Park, a piece of land owned by Ipswich Borough Council.
It is not known when the travellers first moved on to the site but Ipswich Borough councillor Martin Cook believes it is the same group that moved from the site at the beginning of March.
One resident, who did not wish to be named, first spotted the travellers on Monday.
The resident said: “I was there on Monday evening and the entire car park had been occupied by travellers. It’s like it’s been closed off to the public.”
You may also want to watch:
Borough councillors have held a meeting to discuss the travellers and a spokeswoman confirmed they will be looking to evict them.
She said: “We are aware of the travellers.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 9 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 10 HSBC announces temporary closure of Ipswich branch
“A case conference was held )on Thursday) and we are currently seeking a date to go to court to get a possession order.”