Van fails to stop after two vehicle crash in Norwich Road in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a van drove off from the scene of a two-vehicle crash in Norwich Road in Ipswich this morning.
Police were called today at around 7.50am to the collision close to the traffic lights at the junction with Old Norwich Road.
According to a police spokesman the collision involved a Peugeot 208 and a van which fled the scene following the crash.
He said: “There don’t appear to be any serious injuries although the driver of the car will be checked out by ambulance staff.
“It looks like the van failed to stop following the collision.”
He added an ambulance crew reached the scene just after 8am.
A spokeswoman later said the road had been cleared by 9.50am.
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 3 Plans for 440 homes and visitor centre in Ipswich Garden Suburb submitted
- 4 OPINION: Free sporting activities for children return to Ipswich this summer
- 5 Woman 'froze' after seeing masked men with machetes in Ipswich
- 6 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 7 Suffolk rail services affected after person hit by a train
- 8 Woman who stole £24k from school and football club to face sentence
- 9 Designer handbag stolen after car window smashed in Ipswich
- 10 Ipswich singer to perform UK festival tour after scoring club hit
“It is believed the van made off towards the Bury Road ASDA and the A14,” she added.
If you witnessed the collision or have any information that could assist officers in their investigation call Suffolk police on 101 quoting CAD 50 of today.