Van fire stops trains
RAIL services were disrupted today after a fire near the line at Stratford stopped trains on the London to Norwich line.The blaze in a van during the early hours of this morning, broke out near gas cylinders so the area, including the railway line, was cordoned off by police as a safety precaution.
By Tracey Sparling
RAIL services were disrupted after a fire near the line at Stratford stopped trains on the London to Norwich line.
The blaze in a van broke out near gas cylinders, so a 200m exclusion zone, including the railway line, was cordoned off by police at 2.40am yesterday .
Kerry Howard, spokeswoman for Anglia Railways said trains from Norwich had to stop at Stratford instead of reaching Liverpool Street.
You may also want to watch:
Two of the company's four lines into Liverpool Street were reopened at 11am yesterday.
She said: "The first train which got into Liverpool Street was the 10am service from Norwich, and the first one out of Liverpool Street was the 12.30pm."
- 1 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 2 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 5 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 6 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 7 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 8 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 9 Ed Sheeran to end break from music with performance at Big Weekend
- 10 New Oasis Lounge bar planned for former Waterfront gym site