Van fire stops trains
RAIL services were disrupted today after a fire near the line at Stratford stopped trains on the London to Norwich line.The blaze in a van during the early hours of this morning, broke out near gas cylinders so the area, including the railway line, was cordoned off by police as a safety precaution.
By Tracey Sparling
RAIL services were disrupted after a fire near the line at Stratford stopped trains on the London to Norwich line.
The blaze in a van broke out near gas cylinders, so a 200m exclusion zone, including the railway line, was cordoned off by police at 2.40am yesterday .
Kerry Howard, spokeswoman for Anglia Railways said trains from Norwich had to stop at Stratford instead of reaching Liverpool Street.
You may also want to watch:
Two of the company's four lines into Liverpool Street were reopened at 11am yesterday.
She said: "The first train which got into Liverpool Street was the 10am service from Norwich, and the first one out of Liverpool Street was the 12.30pm."
- 1 Dog mess thrown at Ipswich bakery staff in 'nasty' attack
- 2 Central Ipswich office tower could be converted into more than 100 flats
- 3 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 4 New services and drive-thru coffee shop rejected
- 5 Ipswich mum's frustration as terminally ill son, 13, left unable to go home
- 6 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 7 Ipswich road to A14 cleared after collision between two cars
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars in July
- 9 Is Babergh Council the 'neighbour from hell' in planning?
- 10 Rape arrest after man sexually assaulted in town