Van fire stops trains
RAIL services were disrupted today after a fire near the line at Stratford stopped trains on the London to Norwich line.The blaze in a van during the early hours of this morning, broke out near gas cylinders so the area, including the railway line, was cordoned off by police as a safety precaution.
By Tracey Sparling
RAIL services were disrupted after a fire near the line at Stratford stopped trains on the London to Norwich line.
The blaze in a van broke out near gas cylinders, so a 200m exclusion zone, including the railway line, was cordoned off by police at 2.40am yesterday .
Kerry Howard, spokeswoman for Anglia Railways said trains from Norwich had to stop at Stratford instead of reaching Liverpool Street.
Two of the company's four lines into Liverpool Street were reopened at 11am yesterday.
She said: "The first train which got into Liverpool Street was the 10am service from Norwich, and the first one out of Liverpool Street was the 12.30pm."
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- 4 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 5 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 6 Could you offer these rescue animals a forever home?
- 7 Suffolk set to be battered by strong winds as weather warning issued
- 8 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 9 'It's the dream becoming a reality' - SEND school appoints head
- 10 Decision expected on Brewdog bar at Ipswich Waterfront