Vandals set fire to shop
A CONVENIENCE store worker has today told of her disappointment after vandals broke into the shop and set fire to it for the second time in a month.Fire crews were called to the One Stop shop, in Cambridge Drive, shortly after 2am where a fire had broken out at the back of the store, in Fitzwilliam Close.
A CONVENIENCE store worker has today told of her disappointment after vandals broke into the shop and set fire to it for the second time in a month.
Fire crews were called to the One Stop shop, in Cambridge Drive, shortly after 2am where a fire had broken out at the back of the store, in Fitzwilliam Close.
Yobs had broken into the store and gained entry into a storage cupboard before pushing a wheelie bin up to the back of the shop and setting fire to it.
Kelly Hawkins, supervisor of the shop, said: “It is hard to tell if they stole anything from the store cupboard but it certainly wasn't much if they did.
“But then they decided to set fire to the back of the shop which has brought down our phone lines and damaged our air conditioning unit.
“We cannot even use our security camera to see who did it as thieves stole it in the last incident in September.”
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 3 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 4 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 5 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 6 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
- 7 Teenager involved in burglary which 'trashed' home must do unpaid work
- 8 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 9 Felixstowe man who trashed his ex's home ordered to pay compensation
- 10 Revealed: The Indian restaurants in Ipswich with five-star hygiene ratings
In early September the shop was also broken into and a fire started.
Miss Hawkins added: “It is very annoying and I cannot think why we are being targeted.
“Somebody from the nearby flats saw the fire and called the fire brigade and we are very grateful because it could have been a lot worse.”