Vandals target pensioner's wall
VANDALS ripped bricks from a pensioner's wall as he slept and left them strewn outside his Ipswich home.Arthur Green said the first he knew of the destruction was when the milkman called at 7.
VANDALS ripped bricks from a pensioner's wall as he slept and left them strewn outside his Ipswich home.
Arthur Green said the first he knew of the destruction was when the milkman called at 7.30am to ask him what had happened to the wall around his garden.
"I came and had a look and wasn't happy," said the 82-year-old retired policeman.
Cement and around 50 bricks had been torn from the low-wall around Mr Green's neatly kept garden, and were strewn on the pavement outside his Goodwood Close bungalow.
"I just wonder why they can't take their frustration out on something else rather than doing damage like this," Mr Green said of the vandals.
Police have appealed for anyone with information about the £250 worth damage, at the weekend, to contact them on 01473 613500.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 10 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?