Return of live music to continue with one-day Ipswich festival
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
The return of live music is set to continue this summer with a festival at Ipswich's Venue16.
The Tuddenham Road venue, formerly known as Greshams, will host the festival and family fun day on August 8 – with some of the best local talent already on the line-up.
Covering genres from pop to rock and soul to folk, organisers are hoping the day will give a much needed boost to both the artists and the crowd.
Among some of the acts to have signed up so far include MJ Soul, Underline the Sky and DJ Rossi P – who said he can't wait to play to an "incredible crowd" at the venue.
Jamie Lee Smith, CEO of Venue16, said: “The music day is an opportunity for us as a team, and for the community to come together to celebrate anything and everything that has happened over the last 14 months.
You may also want to watch:
"It’s the opportunity to bring local musicians to one of Suffolk’s biggest up and coming venues and to give them an opportunity to share their talents after so many frustrating months out of action.”
Jon Parker, events and technical operator at the venue, said everyone is "really excited" to welcome back crowds.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 4 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 5 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 6 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 7 'Massive success' - see pictures from Ipswich LGBT+ night
- 8 Bicycle stolen from parked car in Ipswich
- 9 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 10 'Paper' loss does not affect Ipswich council's income from property - Ellesmere
He said: “We’re delighted to have an an incredible line-up of local talent, as well as a plethora of food offerings, stalls and a family fun fair.
"The whole team are really excited to welcome crowds back to the venue again.”
Tickets, priced at £10 for adults and £5 for children, can be purchased here.