Video/Gallery: Hundreds take part in The Treehouse Colour Dash, organised by EACH, at Christchurch Park
Christchurch Park exploded with colour on Saturday when hundreds of fundraisers donned their running gear for a children’s charity.
Runners were pelted with brightly coloured powder paint as they made their way around the 5k circuit to raise vital funds for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).
Around 400 people took part in the Treehouse Colour Dash, organised by EACH.
Nine-year-old Mason Fountain, who has a brain tumour and receives care and support from EACH, officially started the race on Saturday morning.
Mason visits the EACH Treehouse in St Augustine’s Gardens and the Fountain family wanted to give something back by taking part and raising sponsorship.
You may also want to watch:
Patsy Johnson Cisse, Suffolk fundraiser for EACH, said the event showcased the best of the town as families, friends. community groups and businesses came together for a good cause.
“From the shrieks of excitement of the runners taking part, the excited and bemused looks from the spectators, through to the explosion of colour at the end of the dash, it was clear everyone had a fantastic time and enjoyed it as much as we did,” she said.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 7 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 8 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
“Our dashers, 50 volunteers who helped at the event and all of the members of staff are looking forward to, and already planning for, our next Treehouse Colour Dash.
“A very big thank you to Kay Fletcher, of Kay Fletcher fitness for doing the warm up, Ipswich Borough Council who allowed us to use the park and helped on the day and Fred Olsen who kindly sponsored the event.”