Video/Gallery: Is this family home in Royston Drive, Ipswich the best dressed in Suffolk this Christmas?
- Credit: Gregg Brown
An Ipswich family have flipped the switch on their popular Christmas lights display, which is set to raise hundreds of pounds for a good cause.
In addition to the hundreds of twinkling lights and traditional Christmas characters outside Dina-Lee Brown’s home in Royston Drive, there is also a video projection forming part of this year’s arrangement.
It was put together by the mother-of-one’s partner Mike Howe and her brother Levi Littlewood.
Dina, 32, said: “We have been doing this for six years and it just gets bigger and bigger.”
Last year the lights raised more than £800 for Mason’s Magic. It was the first time the lights had been used to raise charity funds.
You may also want to watch:
This Christmas it will be in aid of the Brooke’s Wish To Walk appeal, which raises funds to get vital aftercare and physio for Ipswich youngster Brooke Lawrance, who suffers from cerebral palsy.
Two years ago Brooke underwent pioneering surgery to help her walk unaided, but still needs treatment for that to become a reality.
- 1 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 2 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 3 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 4 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 5 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
- 6 'Stressed' bride forced to cut guest list just over a week before wedding
- 7 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 8 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 9 Kesgrave shooting trial: 'Good character cannot provide a defence'
- 10 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
Brooke’s mum Sarah said: “We’re so chuffed that she chose Brooke’s charity this year.
“Dina and her partner are an amazing couple and we are so grateful, it really does mean the world to us.
“We’ve been to see the house and you can see so much effort they both have put into this, its going to look fantastic.”
Miss Brown said the charity appeal had already got off to a good start, with £105 being raised before the lights were even switched on.
Do you decorate your house for Christmas? Or do you know a house which is decked out for the festive season?
Email us and let us know where to find the brightest homes this Christmas.