Video/Gallery: Tractor Boy finishes third in Mascot Derby at Suffolk Show at Trinity Park
Tractor Boy has spoken of his “regret” after finishing third in the Mascot Derby.
A packed crowd gathered at the President’s Ring to watch the EADT mascot take on reigning champion Supermoo, of Suffolk Young Farmers’, and a host of other extravagantly-costumed opponents in the popular race which debuted last year.
Tractor Boy finished second in his heat to qualify for the final, but a poor start cost him dear, before a strong finish saw him finish third behind Millie the Tide Mill Mouse (second) and Supermoo (first).
“I was happy I didn’t fall, unlike ITFC pair, Bluey and Crazee, but clearly all that altitude training in Kenya failed to pay off.
“I regret smashing the gym the day before and spend an hour before the race jogging around the car park looking for my car to get my kit.
“My legs were empty come the final. Still, there is always next year!”
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 3 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 4 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 5 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 6 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 8 'Vile violation of trust' - son hits out after carer stole £1,700 from mum
- 9 A14 closed overnight as lorry overturns in multi-vehicle pile up
- 10 Politicians make Ipswich a third division town