Video: Is Fahad Khalfan’s miss the worst ever in football?
WE’VE seen some howlingly bad misses at Portman Road over the years - but this is surely worse than any of them.
Qatar winger Fahad Khalfan found himself in front of an empty net during a recent match against Uzbekistan in the Asian Games.
All he had to do was poke the ball forward to score - but somehow he hit the post from a matter of inches.
Fortunately for Khalfan, his massive miss didn’t cost his team the game - Qatar won 1-0.
When it comes to recent Ipswich memory, one of the all-time classic misses at Portman Road, according to Evening Star Town reporter Elvin King came from Spurs loanee Jake Livermore.
Livermore, 21, should have scored a third goal in the recent 2-0 win against Milwall.
The ball bounced back to him from the Lions’ keeper and he was close to the line, with no-one to beat – yet he blasted high and not so handsome!
- 1 Man suffers fractured eye socket after attack outside Ipswich bus station
- 2 Suffolk rail services affected after person hit by a train
- 3 Woman who stole £24k from school and football club to face sentence
- 4 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 5 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 6 OPINION: Free sporting activities for children return to Ipswich this summer
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 8 Plans for 440 homes and visitor centre in Ipswich Garden Suburb submitted
- 9 Ipswich climber's death was a 'tragic and unexpected accident'
- 10 Plans to convert town centre office to five flats
Have you seen worse? Let us know!