Video: Mum’s surprise proposal becomes web hit as Harry Style’s tweets about the emotional moment
WHEN she was taken to see her favourite band perform, Karen Hadgraft never expected to be in the spotlight.
But the former Northgate High School student was left speechless when her boyfriend Matt Wood took her onto the stage at a gig in Manchester and popped the question in front of 2,500 screaming fans.
And now, their romantic moment has become a hit on YouTube after fans captured the emotional moment.
It also caused a stir on social networking site Twitter, with One Direction star Harry Styles tweeting about the shock proposal after he watched on in the audience.
The star said: “I went to see @train last night, sounded great. And two people got engaged on stage..it was emotional.”
The 36-year-old mum-of-one moved to Barnsley a year ago, with her parents still living in Whitby Close, Ipswich.
Karen, who was under the impression she had won a radio competition to see American band Train perform, said: “I thought it was amazing just to be there.
- 1 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 2 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 3 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 4 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 5 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 6 Food review: ‘The Botanist in Ipswich lives up to the hype’
- 7 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 8 New Venezuelan restaurant to bring fusion of flavour to Ipswich
- 9 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 10 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
“They started singing a song called Marry Me and I didn’t catch on until half way through the song when they called Matt on stage.
“I’m so happy, it was a massive surprise.”
The duo, who have a nine-month-old son Emerson, are currently discussing how their big day will top the proposal.