Video: Mum’s surprise proposal becomes web hit as Harry Style’s tweets about the emotional moment
WHEN she was taken to see her favourite band perform, Karen Hadgraft never expected to be in the spotlight.
But the former Northgate High School student was left speechless when her boyfriend Matt Wood took her onto the stage at a gig in Manchester and popped the question in front of 2,500 screaming fans.
And now, their romantic moment has become a hit on YouTube after fans captured the emotional moment.
It also caused a stir on social networking site Twitter, with One Direction star Harry Styles tweeting about the shock proposal after he watched on in the audience.
The star said: “I went to see @train last night, sounded great. And two people got engaged on stage..it was emotional.”
You may also want to watch:
The 36-year-old mum-of-one moved to Barnsley a year ago, with her parents still living in Whitby Close, Ipswich.
Karen, who was under the impression she had won a radio competition to see American band Train perform, said: “I thought it was amazing just to be there.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 5 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 6 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 7 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 8 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 9 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
“They started singing a song called Marry Me and I didn’t catch on until half way through the song when they called Matt on stage.
“I’m so happy, it was a massive surprise.”
The duo, who have a nine-month-old son Emerson, are currently discussing how their big day will top the proposal.