Video: The Voice contestant Jade Mayjean Peters wows crowds at Christchurch Park
- Credit: Archant
The sun was out for the crowds in Christchurch Park as they eagerly watched Ipswich girl Jade Mayjean Peters perform.
Backed by just an acoustic guitar and keyboards, the 21-year-old who is appearing on the BBC1 talent show, The Voice, performed to around 200 people during her 30 minute set.
She performed The Zutons song Valerie and Royals by New Zealand artist Lorde before her own song Passionate Lover was aired.
Jade, who worked as a waitress before taking part in the show, thanked the crowd, made up mostly of young families for turning up.
“It means the absolute world to me, thank you and please carry on supporting me,” she said.
“I hope you lot will be voting for me when I get in to the live finals. I love each and everyone of you for coming. I’m trying to win a big competition and I need as much support as possible.”
She also thanked Ipswich Borough Council for organising the performance. Earlier in the day she appeared outside Debenhams in town to sign autographs and speak to fans.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 7 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 10 Stowmarket man with foot fetish sexually assaulted woman
Jade, who is from Rushmere, will be performing on The Voice tonight from 7pm.