Village hall gutted by fire
RESIDENTS of a Suffolk community were today left reeling after fire gutted their village hall.The Chamberlin Hall in Bildeston was badly damaged in the early morning blaze.
RESIDENTS of a Suffolk community were today left reeling after fire gutted their village hall.
Arson was suspected after the Chamberlin Hall in Bildeston was badly damaged in the early morning blaze.
Six fire appliances spent several hours tackling the blaze which started in a wheelie bin outside the hall.
Investigations were today underway to see what caused the fire - and fire chiefs said it looked suspicious.
See tonight's Evening Star for full details and pictures.
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 4 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 5 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 6 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 7 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 8 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 9 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 10 Woman admits assault after bringing knife to victim's home