Visitors flock nationwide to Kesgrave for wheel gymnastics taster day
- Credit: Archant
Visitors from across the country descended on Kesgrave last weekend to sample the delights of wheel gymnastics at the country’s only club in the sport.
The Torwood Wheelers German wheel gymnastics team held an open weekend on Saturday and Sunday where visitors could have a go, as well as witness demonstrations from the club’s existing members.
Among those who joined were first time visitors and those returning to enjoy the wheels again, with visitors coming from as far afield as Portsmouth, Bristol and Yorkshire.
John Colles, president of the Torwood Wheelers said: “It went very well – we had lots of people and most of them really enjoyed it.
“It’s a very good sport to do, there are exciting things and an awful lot you can do on it.
“There’s just something about it which people like.”
The club runs from 6-8pm every Thursday at Kesgrave Sports Hall, with new members welcome to join.
- 1 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 2 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 5 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 6 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 7 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 8 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 9 Town to gather to remember flood victims 69 years on
- 10 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K