Volunteers needed for charity event
A MAJOR fundraising and community event in Ipswich may have to be axed if more volunteers are not found urgently.Fun in the Park is the biggest event in the diary of Sue Ryder Care-The Chantry but this year is under threat because of a lack of volunteers.
A MAJOR fundraising and community event in Ipswich may have to be axed if more volunteers are not found urgently.
Fun in the Park is the biggest event in the diary of Sue Ryder Care-The Chantry but this year is under threat because of a lack of volunteers.
The established August Bank Holiday event aims to raise £10,000 each year to help contribute to the specialist care for people with conditions such as head injury, Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke, Cerebral Palsy and other neurological conditions.
Fundraiser Julia Capon said: “It will be devastating if the event cannot go ahead.
“It is a vital lifeline for the charity to be able to keep running and is a really is a fun day for the whole family.
“There are lots of interesting tasks that volunteers could get involved with including sponsorship, promotion, producing posters, sourcing raffle prizes from local businesses, running a barbeque, entertainment and running stalls.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 4 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 5 Wahoo skating shop moving from Ipswich to Woodbridge
- 6 Drug dealer escapes jail after £3k worth of cannabis found at home
- 7 Hunt for Vicky's killer continues nearly six months after suspect arrested
- 8 Man charged in connection of drug offences in Ipswich
- 9 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 10 Ipswich shop owner among UK's top 100 female business women
“Any help would really be appreciated.”
Anyone who thinks they can help out can contact Julia Capon at Sue Ryder by April 11 at e-mail email@example.com or telephone 01473 295200.