Vox pop: Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?
THE supermarket shelves are packed high with giant tins of chocolates, the decorations are going up and the shops are getting busier and Christmas is drawing ever closer.
With just over six weeks to go, are you prepared? Have you started your shopping? We went out onto the streets if Ipswich to find out.
Name: Alex and Gwen Herriot
Comment: “We started getting presents in January. If we see something we have been getting bits and pieces. We have a big family so we never leave it until the last minute.”
Name: Daniel Edwards
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 6 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 7 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food spots around Ipswich
- 8 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
Comment: “I like to be prepared when it comes to buying presents but I do tend to leave it until later than I planned.
“I try and get organised by the end of November if I can although I always aim to do it earlier.
Name: Kieron Richmond
Comment: “I do leave it right until the last minute to start buying presents and stuff.
“Normally I do it all on Christmas Eve in one go.”
Name: Andrew Bavington-Barber
Comment: “I leave it until last minute and I call it pressure shopping. That way you have to make a decision on something, although sometimes you end up paying more for something.”
Name: Jack Last
Comment: “I have started getting Christmas presents.
“I think I have one or two bits which I got lost week.
“I normally do start doing it quite early.”
Name: Leanne Clark
Comment: “I normally start as early as August but things are harder this year for everyone I think.
“I have got one thing already but I will start to get a few more bits in the run up to Christmas.”