Vox-pop: Shock as new report reveals the number of drivers who don’t know the speed limit on motorway
- Credit: PA
FIGURES from a new report have revealed 8% of drivers believe the speed limit on a motorway is 80mph.
We went out on to the streets of Ipswich to ask people if they were shocked by the number of drivers who did not know the limit was 70mph.
Melvyn Baber, of Woodbridge, said: “They shouldn’t have a licence if they don’t know the speed limit – they are there for a reason.”
Fern Cox, also from Woodbridge, added: “It doesn’t surprise me. I think a lot of people believe the speed limit is more than it is.”
Samantha Haste, of Kesgrave, expressed concern that she would get hurt if a speeding driver crashed into her while she is learning to drive.
Dale Catling, of Holbrook, said: “It doesn’t really surprise me because I think everybody probably speeds.”
Billy Ripp, also of Holbrook, is currently learning to drive.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 3 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 4 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 5 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 10 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
He said: “Considering I have known what the speed limit is since I was about 12, it is quite surprising.
“I think that people should know the speed limit if they want to be able to drive.”
Jake Sexton, of Felixstowe, added: “For qualified drivers, it is quite shocking that some of them do not know what the speed limits are.”
? Are you surprised 8% of drivers don’t know the speed limit on a motorway? Leave your thoughts below.