Walk like a Man, Felixstowe Spa Pavilion, February 17
Four guys under a street light in New Jersey many Blue Moons ago created a sound so unique that some sixty years later people still crave it.
Those Four guys became the Four Seasons, led by Franki Valli and that unforgettable falsetto.
Straight out of performing in the UK’s West End Show The Jersey Boys, Mark Halliday presents his latest tribute, Walk Like A Man.
Many of us know the music, have seen the film, gone to the London show. So you would be forgiven for thinking another touring act isn’t quite worth the effort.
You would also be extremely wrong.
Walk Like a Man is packed full of comedy, love and an entertaining medley of such hits as Grease, Sherry, Big Girls Don’t Cry and more.
What makes it so much more than just another tribute is the sound. Yes, you would have to be daft to think a Franki Valli act could be bad but this Franki is so close to the real deal it’s breathtaking.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 3 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 6 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 7 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 8 Judge reassures town centre is 'open for business' after robbery trial
- 9 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 10 Driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash near Ipswich train station
And usually you would think that was enough. But the voices of the four men together create vocals so moving it could stir up a sea of emotion.
Even some songs you may not have appreciated originally had a sparkle of magic to them. A tip of the hat to their Silence is Golden which had jaws dropping.
Think it’s too good to be true? A standing ovation in a packed Felixstowe Spa Pavilion and cries of encore should answer that question.
Definitely not one to miss the next time around.