Walkers: we saw park ’gang attack’
IPSWICH: Walkers who stumbled across an assault in an isolated country park described how the victim was groaning in pain.
Carol Gladding and Coral Rudd were searching for bluebells at Orwell Country Park, just off the A14, when they witnessed the attack on Liam Rumsey.
Mr Rumsey, 21, of Ipswich, was taken to a neuro critical care unit after the attack, on May 3, and had to undergo brain surgery.
The case continues.
For the full story get a copy of today’s Evening Star from your newsagent.
You may also want to watch:
And to obtain the full electronic version click on http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/home/e-edition
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 9 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 10 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping