Walking on fire
A STOWMARKET supermarket boss was due to hot foot it today by walking on fire!Though it may be some people's idea of torture, Kathy Kerridge has dreamed of walking on hot coals for years.
A STOWMARKET supermarket boss was due to hot foot it today by walking on fire!
Though it may be some people's idea of torture, Kathy Kerridge has dreamed of walking on hot coals for years.
But now Kathy who is one of the managers at the town's Asda store was just a little nervous about the stunt at Stoke by Nayland Golf Club on the Suffolk Essex Border.
"It's something I've wanted to do for years. Now I'm actually here I'm a bit apprehensive," she said before the event due to be held tonight.
"It's a mind over matter thing, but it's very exciting. All is in a good cause as the nimble footed shop boss, one of 30 people taking part, has raised £400 so far for the Hearing Dogs for the Deaf Charity.
Her proud sister Jackie Pryke, events co-ordinator at the Meadow Centre store said that staff every year hold some sort of charity event.
- 1 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 2 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
- 3 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 4 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 5 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Warning after spate of catalytic converter thefts
- 8 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 9 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 10 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
She said: "This year we wanted to do something different."