'Explosion' reported after car catches fire in Felixstowe
- Credit: Archant
Residents in a quiet Felixstowe road had their Sunday morning peace and quiet disrupted by an 'explosion' when a car caught fire.
Witnesses reported seeing clouds of smoke rise over Maple Tree Close as a car on Candlet Road became engulfed in flames shortly after 11.30am.
Candlet Road was closed while firefighters tackled the blaze which was swiftly brought under control.
A resident said that the car's driver had been returning home when the incident occurred. They were shocked but not hurt.
One fire engine from Felixstowe was called to the scene deal with the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue said: "We received a call at 11:33am reporting a car fire.
"A single appliance was sent and on arrival found one car which was well alight.
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 4 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 5 WATCH: Former policeman given blue light salute during 24-hour marathon
- 6 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 7 Do you remember having a pint at Ipswich's Sporting Farmer pub?
- 8 Return of live music to continue with one-day Ipswich festival
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
"This was quickly extinguished by firefighters with a stop called at 12:08pm."