Warning for beach hut owners
BEACH hut owners are being warned not to store gas cylinders in their huts during the winter months.The call comes following a blaze that destroyed two huts in Essex last night.
BEACH hut owners are being warned not to store gas cylinders in their huts during the winter months.
The call comes following a blaze that destroyed two huts in Essex last night.
Firefighters were confronted with two beach huts well alight in Frinton, one of which contained a gas cylinder.
Station Officer Mark Oxley from Frinton said "Gas cylinders pose a serious threats firefighters.
You may also want to watch:
“Crews wearing breathing apparatus had to remove the cylinders from the burning wreckage.
“We would like to ask all beach hut owners to remove cylinders from the huts during winter months".
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 4 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 5 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 6 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 7 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 8 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 9 Ipswich reports England's highest rise in Covid infection rate
- 10 Budding musician caught with drugs in buttocks is spared prison