Warning to Suffolk cyclists
POLICE are urging cyclists to remember to lock up their bikes after four pedal cycles were stolen in the Woodbridge area in the past few days.A man's silver-grey coloured mountain bike and a boy's mountain bike were taken from a passageway at the side of a house in Station Road, Melton, between midnight and 7am on Sunday .
POLICE are urging cyclists to remember to lock up their bikes after four pedal cycles were stolen in the Woodbridge area in the past few days.
A man's silver-grey coloured mountain bike and a boy's mountain bike were taken from a passageway at the side of a house in Station Road, Melton, between midnight and 7am on Sunday . One has a distinctive home-made seat post with a curve in it.
A women's dark blue mountain bike was stolen from Lime Kiln Quay car park in Woodbridge between 8pm and midnight on Sunday , and a man's grey mountain bike with black mudguards and a luggage rack and panniers was taken from the deck of a boat moored at Ferry Quay at Woodbridge between 9pm on Sunday and 10am on Monday .
Officers are making inquiries to trace the cycles and are asking anyone with information about who took them or where they are now to call Sgt Chris Gilmore at Woodbridge police station on 01473 613500.
Police are also reminding cyclists to lock up their bikes when leaving them unattended.
“Please lock them to something secure or store them securely away whether you are out and about or just at home,” said a spokeswoman.
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 8 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 9 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 10 New base for Ipswich bin collection, recycling and street cleaning teams
“Several bikes have been stolen recently after being left insecure in gardens.
“Cyclists are also advised to post-code mark their bikes as this will make it easier to return to you if it is stolen and then recovered.”