Washine machine fire in Hillside Crescent, Ipswich
PUBLISHED: 23:50 17 May 2017 | UPDATED: 23:50 17 May 2017
Firefighters have issued a renewed warning over household appliances after a washine machine caught fire at a house in Ipswich.
The incident in Hillside Crescent was reported to the fire brigade at around 9.15pm on Tuesday night.
Firefighters arrived and extinguished the kitchen blaze within 30 minutes.
There were no reported injuries. A number of pets were also taken out of the home by firefighters.
The Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service posted on its Facebook page a photograph of the fire-damaged washine machine.
The fire service wrote: “Close call for Ipswich resident last night. Please check if your appliance is recalled and only use when someone is home. Do you have an escape plan?”
It advised people to then visit www.registermyappliance.org.uk.
A Suffolk County Council spokesman said: “The Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was called to a house in Hillside Crescent, Ipswich, at 9.15pm (on Tuesday) night.
“Two vehicles, one from Ipswich East and Princes Street, attended the incident. On arrival firefighters found one washing machine well alight in the kitchen.
“Using one hosereel jet, firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire by 9.43pm.
“A number of pets were also removed from the property by the fire service too.”