Water firms to battle for top BITC award
- Credit: PA
TWO water companies operating in the eastern region are in the running to be named as Responsible Business of the Year in Business in the Community’s 2013 Responsible Business Awards.
Anglian Water and Northumbrian Water Group, which includes Essex & Suffolk Water, are among five nominees in the category, together with Dairy Crest, Jaguar Land Rover and Sainsbury’s.
The award is open only to businesses which achieve Platinum standard in the Business in the Community (BITC) Corporate Responsibility (CR) Index.
In fact, the five finalists have each achieved the elite Platinum Big Tick standard, alongside 27 other businesses including Sizewell B owner EDF Energy, Stansted Airport owner Manchester Airports Group, banking group Barclays, B&Q owner Kingfisher and construction group Wates.
Stephen Howard, chief executive of Business in the Community said: “The CR Index tells us that, despite the complexities of this agenda and the tough economic challenges they’re facing, our leading companies are continuing to invest in responsible business and truly integrate it within their operations.
You may also want to watch:
““I congratulate all those which have achieved the Platinum Big Tick because it signifies a key step on the journey, a willingness to rise to the challenge and that they are part of a movement of responsible business in which all companies have their unique part to play.
The BITC Responsible Business Awards will be announced on July 2 in London.
- 1 Police release CCTV after wallet stolen from Aldi store in Ipswich
- 2 Covid rules reintroduced at Ipswich school after cases surge
- 3 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 4 Ipswich man denies multiple rape offences as trial begins
- 5 Aldi looking for new site in north east Ipswich
- 6 Drunk driver nearly caused head-on crash driving on wrong side of the road
- 7 Cinnabon chain coming to A14 service station
- 8 Woman's bank cards used minutes after being stolen in supermarket car park
- 9 Ipswich man led police on 55 mile chase at 120mph
- 10 First look at iconic venue The Baths ahead of Sound City Ipswich Festival
Among the firms achieving Platinum status in the CR Index was Chelmsford-based systems solutions company e2v, alongside organisations including the BBC, BSkyB, Royal Mail Group, Go-Ahead, WH Smith and Whitbread.