Water ski ramp set on fire
WATER-skiers were today preparing to inspect damage to their ramp after firefighters were called out to deal with a blaze on the equipment.One crew from Felixstowe fire station attended the incident at the ski ramp on Falkenham Marshes alongside the River Deben about 10pm last night .
WATER-skiers were today preparing to inspect damage to their ramp after firefighters were called out to deal with a blaze on the equipment.
One crew from Felixstowe fire station attended the incident at the ski ramp on Falkenham Marshes alongside the River Deben about 10pm last night .
The ramp is part of the facilities belonging to the East Suffolk Water Ski Club - but today it was a mystery as to how the fire started.
Club chairman Steve James said club members would inspect the damage today.
Mr James said: “The ramp was out of the water as we had not been using it recently.
“It needed some repair and we were thinking of taking it apart - so it is not as disappointing as if it had been some of our other equipment.
- 1 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 2 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 3 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 4 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 5 Cocaine dealers involved in 'Bash' drugs line in Suffolk are jailed
- 6 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
- 7 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 8 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 9 'From one family business to another' - Cattermole's changes hands
- 10 Revealed: The Indian restaurants in Ipswich with five-star hygiene ratings
“It sounds like there have been some people down there who shouldn't have been, but at this stage we don't really know what has happened. I am more annoyed that this has led to the fire brigade being called out when they might have been needed for something more important.”
n. What do you think? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or email firstname.lastname@example.org