Waterfront given big boost
IPSWICH Waterfront's redevelopment has taken a huge step forward.The green light has been given for two major new developments – new flats next to Neptune Marina and a new hotel in the John Good Building beside the Wet Dock.
IPSWICH Waterfront's redevelopment has taken a huge step forward.
The green light has been given for two major new developments – new flats next to Neptune Marina and a new hotel in the John Good Building beside the Wet Dock.
Ipswich council's development control committee has given conditional planning permission for the two developments.
The Neptune Marina development has been in the pipeline for several years, although the original "Monte Carlo-style" proposal was amended last year.
Housebuilder Redrow Homes is to build the new flats after entering a partnership with landowner Neptune Marina.
It will have 121 residential units, a chandlery, offices for Neptune Marina, and a restaurant.
- 1 Road near Ipswich flooded as drivers forced to find alternative routes
- 2 Fire breaks out in café near Ipswich town centre
- 3 Child taken to hospital after collision with car in Ipswich
- 4 Car carrying three passengers not wearing seatbelts stopped on A12
- 5 Severe delays on A12 as carriageway floods during extreme rainfall
- 6 Tom Hunt condemns Islamophobia after Ipswich Tory's retweets
- 7 New doughnut and coffee chain opening in Ipswich shopping centre
- 8 Window smashed at Ipswich home in spate of attempted burglaries
- 9 VW Golf stolen from Ipswich road after thieves take car keys from home
- 10 Live updates as Suffolk students pick up their A-Level results
Meanwhile the John Good building is to be converted into a 40-bedroom hotel.
Its height will be increased – the current top-floor extension will be removed and another storey and a fully pitched roof will be built.
The new developments now given the green light will help to give a boost to the town end of the Waterfront – and should go ahead as work starts to clean up the former gasworks site before that is prepared for development.