Wattisham crews help flood victims
RESCUE crews from Wattisham were called into action to help Sheffield residents left stranded by floods.The city was virtually cut off yesterday as the floods left office workers stranded in the Brightside Lane area.
RESCUE crews from Wattisham were called into action to help Sheffield residents left stranded by floods.
The city was virtually cut off yesterday as the floods left office workers stranded in the Brightside Lane area.
About 1,000 people spent the night in temporary rescue centres, either because their houses were flooded or because they were trapped in the city centre and could not get home.
Also today in Rotherham, residents living near the Ulley Dam in South Yorkshire have been warned to leave their homes because of fears the dam walls could fail following heavy rain.
Parts of the M1 between junction 32 and 34 have also been closed off after cracks were spotted in the walls.
- 1 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 2 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 3 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 4 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 5 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 6 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 7 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 8 New gift card to encourage shoppers to use Ipswich town centre
- 9 Festive shoppers brave the cold for Christmas street market in Ipswich
- 10 'My son has never seen a health visitor' - Pandemic parents battle