Wattisham crews in dramatic rescue
VIDEO Search and rescue teams from Suffolk were involved in a dramatic cliff side rescue in Dover in which they winched three girls to safety.The RAF search and rescue team from Wattisham was called to Dover about 8.15pm yesterday amid reports three girls had been cut off by the tide.
SEARCH and rescue teams from Suffolk were involved in a dramatic cliff side rescue in Dover in which they winched three girls to safety.
The RAF search and rescue team from Wattisham was called to Dover about 8.15pm yesterday amid reports three young girls had been cut off by the tide.
Flight Lieutenant Steve Murkin said: “One had a suspected broken leg.
“We managed to get the last person off the cliff just as the tide washed over the rocks so it was a close one.”
You may also want to watch:
The trio, one aged 13 and two aged 15, were airlifted to the William Harvey Hospital in Ashford suffering from hypothermia.
They are thought to have been walking in the area when one of them fell and broke her leg.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 6 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 9 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast