We need fresh blood - Pennock
IPSWICH Town Supporters Club Chairman Ian Pennock said the decision to sack was almost inevitable.Mr Pennock said: "On behalf of the supporters I would like to thank George Burley for his seven years of service – the first five of which were highly successful and would like to give my opinions which are the views of the supporters.
IPSWICH Town Supporters Club Chairman Ian Pennock said the decision to sack was almost inevitable.
Mr Pennock said: "On behalf of the supporters I would like to thank George Burley for his seven years of service – the first five of which were highly successful and would like to give my opinions which are the views of the supporters.
"Since the summer of 2001 the club has started to slide and I think some of the foreign players he bought then failed to make the grade – although recently Finidi George and Pablo Counago have played well.
"But some of the players this season have under performed – you can see this from their posture on the pitch.
You may also want to watch:
"A section of the crowd have been calling for his head this season and I think he could have done the honourable thing by leaving instead of waiting to be sacked.
"George has done well in Europe but it's the league position which is important.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 4 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 5 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 6 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 7 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 10 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
"I think we need fresh blood and fresh ideas – and I think along with a lot of supporters it is time to appoint somebody without Ipswich Town connections.
"I think the club need to appoint somebody sooner rather than later and I don't think David Sheepshanks is to blame - he is a good chairman."