We need men appeal by operatic club
AN operatic and dramatic society is still searching for more men to star in their upcoming show.The Stowmarket Operatic and Dramatic Society has been searching for males of all ages for its forthcoming production of "Me and My Girl''.
AN operatic and dramatic society is still searching for more men to star in their upcoming show.
The Stowmarket Operatic and Dramatic Society has been searching for males of all ages for its forthcoming production of "Me and My Girl''.
The society, established in 1922, had to use women for male roles during its "Fiddler on the Roof'' show earlier in the year.
Jill Smith, publicity officer for the 50-strong group that includes members of all ages, had to wear a moustache for her role as a man in the last show.
You may also want to watch:
Quite a number of men have contacted the group after earlier appeals, and one has now joined. But more are still needed.
"Me and My Girl'' is a musical set in London about a cockney chap, Bill, who inherits a large amount of money.
- 1 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 2 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 3 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 4 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 5 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
- 6 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial: 'Good character cannot provide a defence'
- 8 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 9 'Stressed' bride forced to cut guest list just over a week before wedding
- 10 302 complaints about dogs off lead in Christchurch Park
In order to move on to his new station in life he has to be groomed and an aristocratic woman tries to win him in the face of competition from his former cockney girlfriend Sally.
The show opens at the Regal Theatre in Stowmarket during the last week of May and if you are interested in joining rehearsals contact director Anne Hayward on 01473 657023.