More thunder possible over the weekend
- Credit: peter cutts
Weather forecasters have said there may be thunderstorms in Suffolk on Saturday - with the weekend expected to be wet and windy.
Saturday is forecast to be a wet day with a high chance of rain and temperatures not exceeding 14C.
Wind speeds are also expected to pick up, with gusts of around 23mph likely.
Further rain has been forecast for Sunday, though wind speeds are likely to be calmer.
Last month was confirmed as the driest and sunniest May on record in East Anglia with only 9% of its average rainfall.
You may also want to watch:
But the weather has taken a turn for the worse in the last few days, with weeks of unbroken sunshine interrupted by heavy showers.
Adam Dury, meteorologist at East Anglian-based forecasters Weatherquest, said: “Saturday will be quite blustery to start, with rain then coming southward.
- 1 Ipswich child rapist gets 21 years for 'despicable' crimes
- 2 Warning after distraction thefts at supermarkets
- 3 ‘A matter of life or death’: Nurse scared to work on ward in 'basic mask'
- 4 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 5 CCTV appeal after £400 of distraction thefts targeting elderly
- 6 Ipswich pharmacy first to offer Covid vaccinations
- 7 'Dedicated' volunteer police officer dies after having Covid-19
- 8 New cheese afternoon tea launched in Suffolk
- 9 Good Inside cafe opens for 'real food' takeaways in Ipswich town centre
- 10 Ipswich schoolgirl, aged 14, missing
“It could be quite thundery later in the day.
“On Sunday, there might be the odd shower at the start of the day, but nothing too heavy.
“Wind speeds are also expected to be lower.”