Weather: More snow expected over weekend
- Credit: Archant
MUCH of Essex is this morning covered in a blanket of snow, while parts of Suffolk were coated in a fine layer overnight.
And there is more to come, according to the experts at Weatherquest.
Temperatures are likely to drop to a very unseasonal -3C overnight, turning snow to ice and creating treacherous conditions on the roads. It will be mainly dry, meanin
Cloudy skies will dominate on Monday, which is expected to be drier than the weekend with some bright or sunny intervals.
There will be a cold, frosty start on Tuesday, it will be mainly dry with some bright or sunny spells, but rather cloudy at times. The high will be 3C, with temperatures dropping to -2C in some parts.
There is a brighter outlook to Wednesday, which will again start chilly but sunny spells are expected, with temperatures rising to 5C.
For live updates, click on the link our homepage for our weather blog or listen to our podcasts, updated twice daily by Weatherquest.
- 1 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 2 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 3 15 of the best photos from Ipswich Music Day 2022
- 4 Keys secured as 'Goliath' £1.2m needed to restore burned down church
- 5 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk neighbourhoods with highest Covid rates
- 6 Jailed in June: The Suffolk criminals locked up last month
- 7 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 8 Man order to sign sex offenders' registers for possessing indecent images
- 9 Road closed and person trapped in car after crash
- 10 Ipswich man, 27, arrested after stabbing in Bury St Edmunds car park
What will you do this weekend? Send us your snow pictures by following the link to iwitness - or spread some warmth by sending us photos showing your interpretation of the word warm.