Sunshine and showers forecast for the weekend
- Credit: Kerry Pratt
The much-longed for heatwave is unlikely to arrive this weekend but the weather in Suffolk should brighten slightly.
Weatherquest meteorologist Fred Best said this weekend should bring some sunshine, but not to get your hopes up too much as pockets of rain and cloud are likely to return throughout.
He said: “The next few days are expected to be dry and we will see the sunshine break through for some reasonably decent weather.
“Saturday will start off sunny but there’s a weather front coming from the north west which will bring cloud and patchy rain overnight, meaning that evening and Sunday morning will be damp.
“On Sunday morning in the south east coastal areas the patchy rain should clear out with a few odd showers across the rest of the region.
You may also want to watch:
“On Saturday it will be generally bright with temperatures reaching between 24 and 25C, but Sunday will feel slightly cooler as temperatures will only be going up to 19 or 20C.”
- 1 First phase of new 2,000 home site approved
- 2 Burglar who targeted aunt's home while she was at her son's funeral is jailed
- 3 Group fined for travelling more than 10 miles to get a takeaway in lockdown
- 4 New bid for supermarket on Anglia Retail Park could be submitted
- 5 Danger warning after seal pup rescued from fishing net by member of public
- 6 Pensioner 'could not help himself' viewing indecent images of children
- 7 Former Ipswich nightclub to become Network Rail base
- 8 Tributes are paid to 'inspirational' teacher Gaynor Jacobs
- 9 £40,000 of cash and large amount of cocaine seized in Ipswich
- 10 Global property firm acquires huge new Suffolk logistics site