Winter wonderland - 21 of today's best snow photos from Suffolk and north Essex
- Credit: Sonya Duncan/Archant
Snowfall brought a touch of magic to Suffolk and north Essex today.
Here are 21 of our favourite photos of a snowy Saturday around the area, showing people of all ages having fun during their daily exercise - but not forgetting social distancing.
Children enjoyed sledging on the slopes in parks and gardens - and also managed to build some impressive snowmen.
For some young children, it was the first time they had ever seen the white stuff.
And it was also a first for some young dogs and puppies, who looked a little bewildered as they found themselves walking through snow.
The area woke up to snow after the Met Office had earlier issued an amber weather warning, with forecasters expecting up to 10cm to fall in parts of East Anglia.
Later in the day, though, the snow was starting to melt in some areas, and, with maximum temperatures of 4C to 5C forecast over the weekend, the snowmen may not be around for too much longer.
- 1 Injured man rescued after 'fall from height' on building site
- 2 Rise in Ipswich coronavirus cases 'a wake up call'
- 3 Swan dead after dog attack
- 4 'Life saving' roundabout completed at accident blackspot
- 5 Covid fines more than double in Suffolk during third lockdown
- 6 Sentence of Ipswich man caught with indecent images is adjourned
- 7 Air ambulance called after car collides with pedestrian
- 8 Seal found with plastic wrapped around neck at beach
- 9 Children's party reported at Needham Lake as council works to 'discourage gatherings' at beauty spot
- 10 Arsonist jailed for torching brother's stables and barn