Snowy start forecast for Easter Monday
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
Brighter weather expected for Easter Sunday before snow forecast for bank holiday Monday.
Today will be similar to yesterday with cloud and a north-easterly wind, but heading into tomorrow there will be sunshine and possibly highs of 14/15C.
This will all change overnight when snow showers are set to arrive in Suffolk at about 6/7am, said Dan Holley, a forecaster with Weatherquest.
He said there would be a lot of hail in the snow showers too, which would make for difficult driving conditions.
The day-time temperature on Monday will be around 6/7C in the sun, but with the wind chill it will feel closer to freezing.
You may also want to watch:
The wintry showers are also set to continue into Tuesday.
Mr Holley said: "I'm actually quite optimistic Sunday afternoon will be quite nice, with quite a bit of sunshine."
- 1 'A bridge too far' - Crane Sports boss Radnor speaks out as club pull out of League
- 2 Bar linked to ‘serious crime’ can re-open weeks after licence suspended
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Ipswich hairdressers hoping to transform lives at new town centre salon
- 5 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 6 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 7 Drug line 'marketing manager' jailed for role in £33k-a-month dealing operation
- 8 'Blue sky thinking' needed to turn Suffolk fortress into tourist attraction
- 9 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 10 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut