Flooding expected in parts of Suffolk
- Credit: SARAH LUCY BROWN
Two flood warnings and 18 lower level alerts are currently in place across Suffolk.
The Environment Agency has two warnings in place for The River Gipping through Needham Market and The River Colne from Castle Hedingham to upstream of Halstead.
Recent high levels of rainfall have left the areas prone to flooding.
In Needham Market, St Mary's Road, Hawks Mill Street, Crown Street, Coddenham Road, Pinecroft Way and Maitland Road are most at risk.
Flooding of the River Colne is most likely to affect Yeldham Road, Nunnery Street, the A1017 and the B1058 at Castle Hedingham, Station Road, Summerfields, Spring Way and Alderford Street in Sible Hedingham.
You may also want to watch:
Lower level alerts are in place for much of the rest of Suffolk with the river's Stour, Lark, Waveney and Deben all affected.
The Environment Agency said it wasn't expecting the situation to escalate at this time but that more unsettled whether was predicted for the next few days.
- 1 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints
- 2 The Botanist looking for staff ahead of rumoured Ipswich opening
- 3 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 4 'A bridge too far' - Crane Sports boss Radnor speaks out as club pull out of League
- 5 Bargain hunters queue through town for Debenhams sale
- 6 'Amazing response' as pictures of post box toppers reach America
- 7 'Quick-thinking' member of public spotted Felixstowe drink-driver
- 8 Care home disappointed after 'significant concerns' spark inadequate rating
- 9 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 10 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark