9 pictures show flooding across Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Flooding has caused problems on the roads across Suffolk after a night of heavy rain for the county.
Police warned drivers to take extra care on the roads, and a major route into Ipswich was gridlocked during the morning rush hour due to flooding.
Here are nine pictures from around Suffolk showing the extent of the flooding.
Reports on Facebook indicate Hillside Road in Bungay has flooded between the Co-op and the vets.
Flooding occurred near Needham Lakes. The roads around the area were also affected.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 3 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 4 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 5 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 6 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 7 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 8 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 9 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 10 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
Roads were also flooded in Sudbury, with Nursery Road being particularly badly hit.
Floodwater also hit Ipswich, with the rail bridge over Wherstead Road being particularly badly affected — traffic was queueing as far as to the A14 slip road at Junction 56.