Suffolk and Essex could face more snow showers
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
More snow showers could hit Suffolk and north Essex this week before the weather becomes milder by Thursday, forecasters have predicted.
Parts of Suffolk saw snow flurries on Easter Monday and there is a chance of some more wintry showers developing across the region today, the Met Office said.
It is expected to be a sunny start to the day but the snow showers could hit in the afternoon, accompanied by gusty winds.
Temperatures are not expected to go past 6C (42.8F) today.
It is expected to be less windy and cold on Wednesday, with some possible rain overnight, and cloudy on Thursday but with milder temperatures of around 11C (51.8F).
A band of cloud and rain could spread south through Friday.
Average temperatures for this time of year are around 10 to 12C but parts of the UK saw the mercury reach nearly 24C (75.2F) last week.
- 1 Ipswich hairdressers hoping to transform lives at new town centre salon
- 2 'A bridge too far' - Crane Sports boss Radnor speaks out as club pull out of League
- 3 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 4 Drug line 'marketing manager' jailed for role in £33k-a-month dealing operation
- 5 'Quick-thinking' member of public spotted Felixstowe drink-driver
- 6 Bar linked to ‘serious crime’ can re-open weeks after licence suspended
- 7 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 8 Couple rescue woman stuck in mud with help from their dog
- 9 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 10 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team